Monday, May 15, 2006

Festival-tastic

Great section in the NY Times this past weekend all about the festivals here in NY and beyond for music this summer. Ranged from indie to jazz to classical and pop.

A link to the indie section is here.

Some highlights:
  • TV on the Radio playing June 30th in Brooklyn, AND it's FREE! (well, almost - $3).
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah is apparently playing every venue and at every festival this summer - plus, if you didn't already know the drummer for CYHSY is also the lead singer in the Guns N' Roses cover band, Mr. Brownstone, who are playing at the Bowery on June 10th. Sadly, I'm tied up that evening with transvestite strippers courtesy of my friend's bachelorette party, but if you don't have that same situation I would suggest hitting this puppy up.
  • The Black Crowes are playing Jones Beach with Robert Randolph and Drive By Truckers. I don't know much about Randolph, but my friend Jenn has assured me that he's top notch. And if it's on a weekend then Jones Beach is a fun venue (weekdays is a b*tch to shlep out there).

By the by, I just checked and tickets to see Arctic Monkeys with We Are Scientists at Roseland are going for $65 a pop. This is significantly better than what they were originally going for when AM played at the Bowery (which was upwards of $200. WTF?).

No comments: