Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tragedy strikes



I'm somewhat devastated to learn that Bloc Party - one of my very favorite bands (no matter how much people call them played out) - is playing with The Secret Machines in Prospect Park, Brooklyn on July 29.

Why is this a tragedy? Well, because I won't be in New York, of course.

But anyone who is here should GO! Bloc Party is phenomenal live - I saw them here in the city at Webster Hall and at Coachella and both times they totally rocked my world. Above is a picture I took of the lead singer of Bloc Party - Kele Okereke - on a gorgeous day at Coachella. You can just tell that he gets visibly moved by his songs (as he rightly should).

FYI - I also love the drummer - Matt Tong - as he is smiling pretty much the whole time they play.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 12pm and will likely sell out pretty quickly. Buy people buy! (click here for tickets)

No comments: