Monday, May 22, 2006

Muskrat Love


So, in nursing my hangover from the weekend I came across the band Nightmares on Wax. They have that perfect background music that is thick with slow beats, light lyrics, and easy melodies. I kind of envision that in the year 2030 this is what we'll hear in elevators, until then, you'll probably only hear it in the background at some hipper-than-thou lounge with $15 drinks.

In Space Outta Sound is their fifth album - just came out in March. These guys hail from the U.K. (natch) and I don't think have had much fanfare here (no tour dates scheduled and little if any reviews in the major magazines) , but Entertainment Weekly called them "The Barry White of electronica," which I think is rather apt.

Myspace page is here - I recommend it for anyone who is struggling through today as much as I am.

Side note - for all others looking for a good stream of music all day long, I recommend the BBC sites, which you can stream over the web. Some choices are a little punkier than what would play on the radio here (not too surprising) but you'll also be the first to hear bands like Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand before they hit big on our side of the pond. **I like BBC 6.**

BBC radio.

No comments: