Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Desperately Seeking...

For the past few months (read: days, hours) I've been searching for the best way to post MP3s at MOR for everyone to sample the music that I write about.

I think I'm rather close to the best solution for everyone, but in my research I did come across this little application called g2p which is open to everyone on the web and fantastic.

g2p (www.g2p.org) that essentially hacks Google to find all the mp3s available on a particular artist or song. It is a great idea and sure to be sued in a very short time. In the meanwhile it's incredibly useful for all of us searching for a quick sampling of an artist's work.

It is also great for finding random mixes and covers, including:

Hot Chip remix of Scissor Sisters' Take Your Momma (so weird - I just can't turn away)

http://www.slyblue.com/trgaw/Scissor%20Sisters%20--%20Take%20Your%20Mama%20Out%20%28Hot%20Chip%20Remix%29.mp3

And a random remix of The Rapture's Sister Savoir

http://download.compartiresbueno.net/musica/wired/The%20Rapture%20-%20Sister%20Saviour%20(Blackstrobe%20Remix).mp3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

try audioblog. heard that's good.