Friday, September 15, 2006

Idolotry

This week blog-overloard Gawker media (I took that "overloard" term right from the mouths of every blogger on the payroll there) launched their new music site Idolator.

At first I was jealous (yes, I want that job).

Then I was cold (I don't need to read that site for info).

But then I was curious, and I read, and guess what? It's pretty effing good.

Some of the posts stretch a bit for the snarkiness but I generally think that the writing is funny and the commentary is worth a look.

My favorite weekly feature is "Pick of the Fork" in which readers guess which outrageous over-stylized sentence is used to review some album on Pitchfork that week. Truly ingenius - seriously those folks need to take it down a notch and actually enjoy music once in a while.

Check it out:

www.idolator.com
http://idolator.com/tunes/pick-of-the-fork/

1 comment:

Lao Ban said...

Panic was good. I would probably rate it middle of pack of the 29 shows I have seen fun-wise, but I thought Jimmy Herring fit into the band really well musically.

And it was just to see those guys out there. I hadn't seen them in over three years.

Thanks for the words on The Who you left me...