Tuesday, September 19, 2006

No Sleep Till Oct 4


Whoa people, whoa.

According to NME.com today:

"Beastie Boys to play intimate New York show
It's for a good cause
The Beastie Boys will take to the stage at New York's Hiro Ballroom for a rare intimate performance on October 4.

The show is to benefit Gimme Shelter, an organization that is working towards the ending of euthanasia of healthy animals by using adoption programmes and population birth control.

Among the list of acts appearing on the night will be Debbie Harry and guest MC, comedian Michael Showalter .

The Beastie Boys concert DVD 'Awesome; I Fuckin' Shot That!' is currently being screened at various film festivals around the world."

Nothing is up on any of the sites but I'll continue to monitor. Tickets for Hiro are sold through TicketWeb, but nothing is up there at all.

The last time I saw Beastie Boys was their Intergalactic tour when Tribe Called Quest (pre-breakup and current QTip pseudo solo projects) opened up for them. Despite being 8000 miles away from the actual BB's it was a "I'll-keep-talking-about-this-concert-until-I'm-45-and-the-kids-look-at-me-funny-and-only-know-girlsgirlsgirls-as-a-hyper-electronica-remix" show. I.e. AMAZING. I don't care if they are midde-aged, I will still go see the crap out of them. Are they the Bob Dylan/Rolling Stones of our generation? Discuss...

Stay tuned for more info!! (www.nme.com)

No comments: